Cauliflower Couscous (from Make It Paleo 2)
- 1/3 cup 1/3 cup 1/3 cup Pine Nuts
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, pressed
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Duck Fat, (or other choice of fat to saute), divided
- 2 2 2 Carrots, medium, peeled and sliced
- 1 1 1 Yellow Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Cherry Tomato, sliced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper, (25 grinds)
- 1/2 head 1/2 head 1/2 head Cauliflower
- 4 4 4 Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 1/2 1/2 Lemon, wedges, for garnish
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil, for garnish
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Flat Leaf Parsley, chopped, for garnish
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the pine nuts and garlic in 1 Tbsp of the duck fat. When the pine nuts are golden brown, remove them from the skillet and set aside. Add the remaining 1 Tbsp of duck fat to the skillet and sauté the carrots, bell pepper, and tomatoes for about 15 minutes, until soft. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Grate the cauliflower with the stems parallel to the grating surface (giving you longer grains of “rice”). Add the cauliflower to the skillet along with the sliced scallions, toasted pine nuts, and garlic.
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil, garnished with flat-leaf parsley.
You can easily make this recipe nut-free by omitting the pine nuts.