Carrot and Sweet Potato “Chili”
ready in:1 hour and 15 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 464
- Total Fat: 21g
- Total Carbohydrate: 31g
- Protein: 35g
One of the meals I really tend to miss on the autoimmune protocol is a warming bowl of chili. Unfortunately, traditional chili is not very autoimmune protocol friendly, being chock full of nightshades, beans, and dairy. It never occurred to me until recently that I could mimic the texture of tomatoes with carrots and sweet potatoes. This recipe is nothing like a traditional chili, since it doesn’t have any of the characteristic nightshade and seed spices. It does fit the bill well enough though, and I have found myself making it more often when the weather is cold and I’d like to batch cook something for the week.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 1 1 Onion, chopped
- 8 cloves 8 cloves 8 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp fresh Thyme, chopped
- 2 cup 2 cup 2 cup Raw Carrot, chopped into large chunks
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Sweet Potato, chopped into large chunks
- 4 cup 4 cup 4 cup Bone Broth
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 2 lb 2 lb 2 lb Ground Beef
- 1 - 2 whole 1 - 2 whole 1 - 2 whole Avocado
- Cilantro, for garnish
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat your cooking fat in the bottom of a heavy-bottomed pot. Add the onion and cook for a few minutes, until translucent. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for another couple of minutes, stirring. Add the carrots and sweet potatoes and cook for 5 minutes, or until gently browned.
- Add the bone broth and sea salt and bring to a boil, cover and then simmer for 20 minutes, until the vegetables are soft.
- Meanwhile, cook the ground beef in a skillet until thoroughly cooked throughout and browned. Set aside.
- When the vegetables are finished, add the ground beef and stir to combine. Continue cooking for another 15 minutes covered at a simmer. Serve each bowl garnished with avocado slices cilantro.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.