These carrots are so easy to make, and have a sweet and salty thing going on with a touch of umami. You'll want to make these all the time!
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the carrots into a large skillet.
- Cut the tablespoons of butter in half, and place three on top of the carrots, and three in the bottom of the skillet around the carrots.
- Pour coconut aminos and water over the carrots.
- Season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Turn burner on to medium heat, and cover with a lid.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Remove the lid and spoon any remaining liquid over the carrots, as well as turn the carrots to coat in the sauce.
If there is a lot of liquid left after the carrots are tender, turn the heat up to high to reduce the liquid to a glaze, but there shouldn't be too much liquid left after the carrots cook.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 25 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 45 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel