Caramel Pumpkin Pie Coffee Cake
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Unsalted Butter
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Palm Sugar, + 1/2 cup
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Almond Milk
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Organic Walnuts, Crushed
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted
- 7.5 oz 7.5 oz 7.5 oz Pumpkin Puree
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Primal Palate Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- For the caramel sauce: First, melt butter over medium heat.
- Stir in 1/2 cup of sugar and milk. Continue stirring for 1-2 minutes, until mixture is smooth.
- Mix in crushed walnuts.
- Immediately remove from heat; cool before storing in the fridge. (NOTE: Caramel sauce will harden in the fridge. Heat for 10-15 seconds to melt before adding into the muffin tins as noted below.)
- For the pumpkin pie coffee cake, first preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs, melted coconut oil, and 1/2 cup of coconut palm sugar until smooth.
- With a spoon or spatula, mix in the canned pumpkin. Stir a few times but do not overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the coconut flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and sea salt.
- Add the flour mixture into the large bowl. Mix together until smooth.
- Put 2 tbsp of batter into each cup of a 1-dozen muffin pan. Add 1 tsp of the caramel sauce into each cup (on top of the batter). Top with 1-2 tbsp of additional batter (so the sauce is covered).
- Bake for 15-18 minutes, until the center is fully cooked. Remove from oven and cool before serving.
- When ready to serve, top each muffin with caramel sauce.
Coffee cake is best served slightly warm with melted caramel sauce on top. Sub crushed pralines for walnuts if desired.