Butternut Squash Soup
The perfect soup to warm your soul on a crisp fall evening, pureed squash brings together all the flavors of autumn to your bowl. Naturally sweet butternut squash is enhanced beautifully by the use of cinnamon in this recipe. Chopped walnuts give this meal just the right amount of crunch. This soup will have all your senses soaring.
- Sauté chopped onion in coconut oil in a large pot.
- Add in cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add chopped butternut squash to pot, and pour in broth.
- Boil the butternut squash in the broth until tender.
- Puree soup in a food processor or high-speed blender until smooth.
- Garnish with a sprinkling of cinnamon and chopped walnuts.