Brown Butter Hanger Steak
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
- Slow cooking will melt the tough tissue away, but when grilling, searing, or broiling, you want to make sure that this part of the meat is removed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add pasture butter to skillet, and cook until butter starts to brown.
- Sear steak in brown butter, 2-3 minutes a side, flipping once (for a thinner steak, try 1-2 minutes per side).
- During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
- Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast the steak for 10-15 minutes (for a thinner steak, try 7-10 minutes).
- Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Never Miss a Bite
Get recipes delivered to your inbox every week