Brown Butter Hanger Steak
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to roast at 400.
- Rinse steak under cool water, and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Carefully trim any silver skin from the steak.
- Slow cooking will melt the tough tissue away, but when grilling, searing, or broiling, you want to make sure that this part of the meat is removed.
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or other oven-safe skillet) over medium heat.
- Add pasture butter to skillet, and cook until butter starts to brown.
- Sear steak in brown butter, 2-3 minutes a side, flipping once (for a thinner steak, try 1-2 minutes per side).
- During the last minute of searing on the second side, sprinkle the top of the steak with truffle salt, minced garlic, and top with lemon thyme sprigs.
- Remove from heat, and place skillet in the oven.
- Roast the steak for 10-15 minutes (for a thinner steak, try 7-10 minutes).
- Remove steak from oven, and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 20 minutes, plus 5 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel