Broiled Paleo Burger
This juicy, flavorful Broiled Paleo Burger is loaded with extra protein and fiber from almond and flax meal.
Serves: 4Serves: 4
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Move an oven rack to the upper middle position, about 5" from the broiler element. Preheat oven broiler to high heat. Coat a broiler pan, or a cooling rack set over a rimmed baking sheet, with nonstick spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, almond meal, flax, mustard, 1/2 tsp. salt, and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Using a spatula or your hands, fold in beef and onion and mix until uniformly combined.
- Shape the beef mixture into 4 patties, pressing down in the middle of each with your thumb to make an indentation.
- Arrange on broiler pan and broil 10 to 15 minutes, turning halfway through broiling time, until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a burger reaches 160F.
- Meanwhile, arrange the lettuce leaves on individual plates or on a serving platter.
- Remove the broiler pan from the oven and let the burgers rest for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Place the burgers on the lettuce leaves and serve, offering tomato slices, pickles, and extra whole-grain mustard on the side if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour
2 made this
Ready in 3 hours and 30 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel