These breakfast meatballs are so tasty and make for the easiest breakfast. Just make a batch of these on Sunday and then you’ll have them ready for quickly re-heating in the morning the next few days. They are packed with flavor from the bacon and sausage and they bind together well with the shredded parsnip.
- 6 pieces 6 pieces 6 pieces Bacon, Chopped into small pieces
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Mild Italian Sausage, Or regular breakfast sausage
- 0.5 whole 0.5 whole 0.5 whole Onion, Diced
- 8 whole 8 whole 8 whole Crimini Mushrooms, Diced
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Parsnip, Shredded
- 8 pieces 8 pieces 8 pieces Sage, Fresh chopped leaves
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Over medium-high heat cook your bacon pieces until they start to get crispy.
- Remove from heat and place on a paper towel covered plate to cool.
- Place your sausage in a mixing bowl and set aside.
- If you are using a food processor, use the grating attachment.
- Put the onion, mushrooms and parsnip through the food processor. Otherwise, if you are doing it by hand, dice the onion and mushrooms and then grate the parsnip.
- Add your onion, mushrooms and parsnip to the mixing bowl with the sausage.
- Add your bacon pieces.
- Add your chopped or dried sage.
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Get your hands dirty. Use them to combine all of the ingredients in your mixing bowl.
- Form the mixture into oversized golf ball sized balls and place them on the foil lined baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Enjoy these breakfast balls with spinach, kraut and blueberries, or with eggs and spinach.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.