Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cook bacon in a cast iron skillet on medium heat until crispy.
- Remove bacon from skillet and set aside.
- Turn heat up to medium high and sear short ribs on either side in the hot skillet, about 1-2 minutes a side.
- Just enough to get a good brown on them.
- Sear two ribs at a time, adding more bacon grease as needed.
- Place the first four ribs in the bottom of the crock pot, season with salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and chipotle.
- Top with 4 garlic cloves, and repeat with the remaining short ribs.
- Top all the ribs with the crumbled bacon, and pour in the beef stock.
- Cover and cook in crock pot on high for 5-6 hours.
- The meat will be done when it is tender and falls off the bone.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.