Braised Beef Shanks
Serves: 2Serves: 2
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- Rinse shanks under cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle shanks with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil in a cast iron skillet on medium high heat.
- Sear shanks in coconut oil 2-3 minutes per side, adding a bit more coconut oil to the skillet as needed for each additional shank.
- Place seared shanks in pyrex baking dish.
- Saute the smashed/chopped garlic,and thyme leaves in the skillet for about 1 minute.
- Add broth/water to skillet and stir making sure to scrape up any of the brown bits from the shanks on the bottom.
- Bring to a boil until liquid starts to reduce slightly.
- Place remaining garlic cloves and additional thyme springs in pan withs hanks.
- Pour broth over shanks.
- Cover with parchment paper and then aluminum foil.
- Bake at 350 for 2 hours.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
3 made this
Ready in 1 week, plus 2 hours
3 made this
Ready in 24 hours
9 made this
Ready in 20 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel