Berry Cream Bars
I don’t want to toot my own horn, buuuut TOOT TOOT. That sounded like that coffee commercial with the creep guy with straggly blonde hair. Instead it’s with a creep female with straggly brown hair. So much less creepy. But for real, these are delicious. And way easier to make than you’d think.
Serves: 8Serves: 8
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Dates (Medjool), pitted (for the crust)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Almond Butter, (for the crust)
- 3/4 cup 3/4 cup 3/4 cup shredded Coconut, sweetened (for the crust)
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey, (for 2nd topping)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract, (for 2nd topping)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt, (for the crust)
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Coconut Water, or coconut milk (for 1st topping)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Organic Raspberries, (for 1st topping)
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Blackberries, (for 1st topping)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lemon Juice, (for 1st topping)
- 14 oz 14 oz 14 oz Coconut Milk, placed in refrigerator overnight, only use the cream on top, leave behind the coconut water (for 2nd topping)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place dates in food processor and pulse to break down into pieces.
- Then add almond butter, coconut, honey, vanilla extract and salt and pulse turn on to blend until ingredients are well combined.
- Line a bread pan with parchment paper, add ingredients from the food processor and press down until even throughout. Place in freezer while finishing the rest of the ingredients.
- Scoop out the coconut cream that has settled at the top of your canned coconut milk and place in the bowl and back in the fridge.
- Place 2 teaspoons of coconut milk/water that is at the bottom of the can, into a small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add raspberries, blackberries, honey and lemon juice in the pan and mix together. Let simmer for less than 5 minutes or until the berries become just slightly soft. You don’t want a soup. Let cool.
- Now mix together the coconut cream, honey, and vanilla extract in the bowl that you placed in the fridge.
- Once the berries have cooled, finishing the layers. Add the coconut milk mixture on top of the crust, spread out evenly, then pour the berries on top, once again evenly.
- Place in the freezer for 1+ hours to harden a bit. And serve.
- *To store these, store them in the fridge. The coconut milk will melt fast.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 40 minutes
3 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 20 minutes
4 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel