Beet pickled eggs
These beet pickled eggs are the bomb! The are as delicious as they are beautiful. Sure to delight all, especially if you deviled them.
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Raw Honey
- .50 cup .50 cup .50 cup Apple Cider Vinegar
- .50 cup .50 cup .50 cup Water
- .50 tsp .50 tsp .50 tsp Salt
- .50 tsp .50 tsp .50 tsp Whole Cloves
- .50 tsp .50 tsp .50 tsp ground Allspice, Use whole, not ground
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Whole Cinnamon Stick
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Beets, medium sized and red, washed and trimmed
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Onion, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 6 whole 6 whole 6 whole Eggs, hard boiled and peeled
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Get out a medium saucepan and add the first 7 ingredients to it. (Sugar through the cinnamon stick) Bring to a gentle boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from the heat and set aside to wait for its part in the play.
- Wash the beets and trim the stems to about 1 inch above the root and cut into quarters. Place in a nice big pot and cover with water. Bring them to a boil on the stove and then lower the heat to a steady simmer for 10-15 minutes till just tender when poked by a fork. Pour the water off the beets and let cool for a few minutes.
- While those are patiently waiting to cool, take out a large mouth quart jar and add the hard boiled eggs and onions to it. Tuck the beets in with the eggs and pour the pickling mixture over them all. Put on a nice tight lid and shake them gently till everything is well mixed. Tuck in the fridge to pickle for 24 hours, shaking every so often. These can be stored up to 2 weeks in the fridge. Make deviled eggs out of these pickled eggs for a cheery delight.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.