Beef Tongue Taco Bites
Serves: 4-6Serves: 4-6
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the tongue in the slow-cooker, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place shallot, garlic and jalapeno pepper on top of the tongue, and pour just enough water to cover the tongue.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove tongue from slow-cooker, and peel the skin from the meat using two forks.
- Discard the skin, and shred the meat using the same two forks.
- Place shredded meat in a large skillet, and warm meat on medium heat.
- Season meat with cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- When all spices are evenly distributed, remove from heat and set aside.
- To plate the taco bites, place a spoonful of the shredded beef tongue on an endive leaf, and top with organic salsa and cilantro.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Our New Cookbook!
Other recipes you might like
2 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 15 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel