Beef Tenderloin Steaks with Black Truffle Butter
We created this recipe using our Sous Vide, which yielded perfect medium rare beef. If you don't have a Sous Vide, you can recreate this recipe by grilling the entire time. Your cook time will vary depending on the thickness (and quality) of your meat, but aim for 125 degrees internally before you remove it from the heat. It will generally achieve the last 10 degrees of cooking once removed. 134 degrees internally is ideal.
- 4 4 4 Sirloin Steak, (Tenderloin)
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Salted Butter
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Sage, fresh, minced
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Fresh Marjoram, minced
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Cauliflower
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Parsley, curly leaf
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Truffle Salt, from black truffles
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Fill your Sous Vide with water to within one inch of the max fill line, and set temperature to 134 degrees.
- While water is heating, make the compound herb butter. Soften 1/4 cup grassfed butter (salted), and mix with the marjoram, sage, salt and pepper.
- Seal two BPA-free sous vide pouches, and line the insides with the compound herb butter.
- Place two steaks in each pouch, and vacuum seal them. Place them in the water (if it is up to temperature), and set the time for 2-4 hours.
- About 30 minutes before the steaks are done cooking in the Sous Vide, boil the cauliflower.
- Drain the water, and add the cauliflower to a food processor or high speed blender. Add the parsley, butter, salt and pepper (following the order of ingredients).
- Blend the cauliflower until smooth.
- To make the truffle butter, whip 1/2 cup unsalted grass fed butter with 1/2 tsp black truffle salt.
- Preheat your grill to high heat (about 500 degrees). Remove the steaks from their pouches and sear them for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve the tenderloin sliced thinly, topped with the black truffle butter and with a side of mashed cauliflower.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.