Beef Heart Kabobs
ready in:34 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 2
- Calories: 6556
- Total Fat: 38g
- Total Carbohydrate: 1588g
- Protein: 131g
Prepare this Paleo Beef Heart recipe for Valentine's Day and serve that special someone an extra dose of CoQ10. My heart beef's for you! :)
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Beef Heart
- 2 cloves 2 cloves 2 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp Sea Salt, divided
- 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp 1.5 tsp Balsamic Vinegar, divided
- .5 whole .5 whole .5 whole Red Bell Pepper
- 0.25 whole 0.25 whole 0.25 whole Red Onion
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Pomegranate
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chives , fresh, minced
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut the heart into 3/4-inch cubes and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the minced garlic, cumin, 1 teaspoon of sea salt and 1 teaspoon of balsamic vinegar to the bowl and toss to coat.
- Chop the red pepper in half and reserve half for another recipe. Slice the remaining half into three strips and chop each strip into manageable pieces for each skewer.
- Peel and chop the red onion into quarters. Divide one quarter into three equal pieces and halve each piece. Reserve the remaining 3/4 of the red onion for another recipe.
- No need to pre-soak the skewers, simply thread a piece of beef heart, followed by a piece of red pepper, then beef heart, then two pieces of red onion, and repeat until the skewer (wooden, metal or bamboo) that youu2019re using is full. Lay the completed skewer in a large dish and repeat until all pieces of heart are gone. (For me this created 3 skewers.) Cover, refrigerate and marinate for 24 hours.
- In a cast iron skillet or grill pan turn the heat to high and after 1-2 minutes or when the pan is hot, add one skewer to the skillet and cook on each side for 1 minute, for a maximum of 4 minutes of cook time. This will produce a sear outside and rare or medium-rare inside. Transfer the skewer to a plate and repeat with each skewer. Let skewers rest for 5 minutes while you prepare the relish.
- Add pomegranate seeds, balsamic vinegar, sea salt and fresh chives to a small bowl and toss to combine.
- Serve skewers on a plate with a side of this salty, sweet and savory pomegranate relish.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.