Basic Mashed Cauliflower
ready in:20 minutes
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Rinse cauliflower under cool water.
- Trim florets from the base of the cauliflower.
- Place a steamer basket in a large soup pot and fill the bottom of the pot with water.
- Place cauliflower florets into the steamer basket, cover with a lid and turn burner onto medium heat.
- Steam cauliflower until fork tender.
- About 10-15 minutes.
- Place steamed cauliflower into a food processor or high speed blender.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add a tablespoon of butter or coconut oil if desired.
- Puree until smooth, and serve.
- Garnish with chopped chives.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.