- Serves: 8
- Calories: 51
- Total Fat: 2g
- Total Carbohydrate: 7g
- Protein: 1g
This tangy barbecue sauce is wonderful over ribs, pulled pork, or chicken. Easy to make, and with no added sugars, this is the perfect primal sauce for a summertime barbecue!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 1 1/4 cup 1 1/4 cup 1 1/4 cup free range, organic, Chicken Stock
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Grade B Maple Syrup, (optional)
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 2 2 2 Shallot, minced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 6 oz 6 oz 6 oz Tomato Paste
- 1 1/2 1 1/2 1 1/2 Lime, juice
- In a sauce pan, heat coconut oil on medium heat.
- Add garlic and shallots, and sauté until soft and translucent.
- Add mustard, smoked paprika, chipotle, cumin, and salt, and continue to sauté (about 30 seconds).
- Add chicken broth, lime juice, maple syrup (optional), and tomato paste.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth.
- Bring to a light boil, reduce to simmer, and slightly cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 45 minutes, and let cool.
- Serve with Pulled Pork or Grilled Chicken.
In place of the chicken broth, you can also use vegetable broth or plain water for this recipe.