Banana, Fig & Walnut Muffins
All natural, quick and easy, subtly sweet, melt in your mouth, banana infused muffins studded with buttery walnut crumbles and a soft and chewy, deliciously jammy, sweet little figgy explosion in every bite.
- 3 whole 3 whole 3 whole Eggs
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Banana, preferably over-ripe
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Black Mission Figs, dried, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Walnuts, finely chopped - optional for serving
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, melted and cooled
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Water, slightly warm
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Salt
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Almond Butter, optional for serving
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Preheat oven to 175 C (350 F) - Line a mini muffin tray with paper cases and set aside.
- Place eggs, banana, vanilla, maple syrup, coconut oil and water into your food processor or blender and process until well combined. Or you could just pop them in a bowl and whisk by hand if you prefer, Im just lazy ;)
- Add your coconut flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and process again until well combine.
- Add your chopped figs and walnuts and stir to combine.
- Spoon the batter into your prepared muffin tray (I used approx 1 x heaping teaspoon for each muffin) and bake for 8-10 mins until cook through. The tops will be deliciously golden and should be firm yet spring back a little when lightly pressed and a tooth pick should come out clean or have just a few crumbs attached when inserted into the centre.
- Allow to cool for 5 mins in the muffin tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely u2013 That is if you can resist inhaling the entire batch as you transfer each delicious little muffin from muffin tray to cooling rack that is. Note - this will be an extremely difficult task. You have been warned.
- To serve - Dollop a heaping spoonful of almond butter on to the top of each muffin, sprinkle with some of your chopped walnuts and enjoy - yum!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.