The inspiration for our grain-free banana bread came from my best friend’s mom, Barbara. Barbara always makes the best chocolate chip banana bread, and I knew we had to come up with a recipe to enjoy it in a way that was in line with our eating. Barbara, this one is for you!
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Coconut Flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup 1/2 cup 1/2 cup Banana, overly-ripe
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp 1/2 Tbsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cup 1/4 cup 1/4 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp 1/4 tsp Baking Soda
- 4 4 4 Dates (Medjool)
- 6 6 6 Pastured Eggs
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- In a separate mixing bowl, blend eggs, vanilla, and banana with a hand mixer.
- Mix the dates and maple syrup according to the date mixture recipe , and blend into the wet mixture.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry, and continue to blend.
- Melt coconut oil, add to batter and blend.
- Lightly grease loaf pans, and add batter, allowing some room for the bread to rise.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
For variations, feel free to add raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips to the batter before baking.