- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, small, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Horseradish
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar, optional
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Dill
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Melt ghee in large skillet, cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add in applesauce, coconut sugar, horseradish and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce until low.
- Pour in reduced vinegar and bring back to a boil.
- Stir until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- To make the rub, combine remaining 1 tsp black pepper, sea salt, white pepper, ground mustard, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder and dill weed.
- Place ribs in the bottom of a large roasting dish and cover both sides with the rub. Make sure to really rub it into the meat.
- Next reserve about 1/4 cup of balsamic sauce for later.
- Spread the remaining sauce onto the ribs, membrane side first then meaty side.
- Loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes. Baste ribs with reserved sauce then cook for another 20 minutes.
You can use 3/4 cup applesauce and remove the coconut sugar for Whole30!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.