- 4 lb 4 lb 4 lb Pork Baby Back Ribs
- 1.5 cup 1.5 cup 1.5 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Onion, small, diced
- 3 cloves 3 cloves 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Horseradish
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Sugar, optional
- 2 tsp 2 tsp 2 tsp Black Pepper, divided
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp White Pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Dry Mustard Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Coriander
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp dried Dill
- Heat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small sauce pot, bring balsamic vinegar to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
- Melt ghee in large skillet, cook onion and garlic until onions are translucent.
- Add in applesauce, coconut sugar, horseradish and 1 teaspoon black pepper.
- Bring to a simmer then reduce until low.
- Pour in reduced vinegar and bring back to a boil.
- Stir until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- To make the rub, combine remaining 1 tsp black pepper, sea salt, white pepper, ground mustard, coriander, garlic powder, onion powder and dill weed.
- Place ribs in the bottom of a large roasting dish and cover both sides with the rub. Make sure to really rub it into the meat.
- Next reserve about 1/4 cup of balsamic sauce for later.
- Spread the remaining sauce onto the ribs, membrane side first then meaty side.
- Loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Cook for 1 hour 20 minutes. Baste ribs with reserved sauce then cook for another 20 minutes.
You can use 3/4 cup applesauce and remove the coconut sugar for Whole30!