Baked Blueberries and Pears With Coconut Whipped Cream
ready in:40 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 331
- Total Fat: 23g
- Total Carbohydrate: 30g
- Protein: 1g
I am always trying to find semi-creative things to do with fruit, as I don’t like to make a lot of paleo-friendly baked goods for snacks or the rare dessert. This was intended as a dessert one night, but it ended up being breakfast/brunch the next morning and was a big hit. If you don't care for the pear and blueberry combination, try apples or peaches in place of the apples and cranberries, raisins or raspberries in place of the blueberries. There are a lot of ways you could make this to your liking!
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Bartlett Pear, firm, cored and diced into 1/2″ pieces (peeled if you like)
- 1 cup 1 cup 1 cup Blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil, or grass fed butter, melted
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon
- 13.5 oz 13.5 oz 13.5 oz Coconut Milk, full fat canned, refrigerated over night
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Raw Honey, or maple syrup (optional)
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- If using frozen blueberries, thaw in a strainer over a bowl to get rid of any excess liquid.
- In a mixing bowl, gently toss blueberries and pears with butter/oil and cinnamon.
- Place fruit in an 8x8-inch or similarly sized baking dish, cover with a lid or foil and bake at 375 degrees F for 20 minutes. Remove foil/lid and bake for 10 additional minutes, until pears are of desired tenderness.
- As the fruit cools, remove coconut milk from fridge, scoop the cream from the top, and place in a large bowl with vanilla and honey/maple syrup, if using. Whip until thickened as desired.
- Top individual servings with coconut whipped cream and nuts or toasted coconut, if desired.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.