Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
- Open and drain water chestnut cans. Place in bowl.
- Cover water chestnuts with aminos and balsamic vinegar. Let soak for 10-15 minutes. If not fully submerged, you can add more aminos or just stir every few minutes.
- While the water chestnuts are soaking, preheat the oven to 400 degrees and place bacon in the freezer to firm it up a bit. This will make it easier to slice.
- Cover a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper. Place a cooling rack on top of that if you have one accessible. This will help the grease drop from the bacon.
- Cut the bacon strips in half and have the coconut sugar ready to go in a separate bowl.
- Remove a water chestnut from the aminos and roll it in coconut sugar. Then starting at one end of your bacon, wrapt it around the chestnut. Secure it with a toothpick going fully through to the other side before placing it on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp. Time will vary depending on your oven. Let cool before enjoying.
Store any leftovers in the fridge. Reheat at a low temp in the oven for best experience. Will generate about 24-30 pieces, estimated 2-3 pieces per person.