Bacon, Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Waffle Sliders
Bacon, Grilled Pineapple and Jalapeno Waffle Sliders! Just take a moment to let that soak in. It is a jalapeno waffle with bacon, grilled pineapple, avocado, onion, spinach and cilantro and it is DELICIOUS! This slider is the perfect combination of sweet from the pineapple, spicy from the jalapeño and smoky from the bacon. Feel free to get creative and add a bunch of your favorite toppings.
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Eggs, for the waffles
- 0.333 cup 0.333 cup 0.333 cup Organic Coconut Oil, plus 1 tablespoon and for the waffles
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Cassava Flour, for the waffles
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Arrowroot Flour, for the waffles
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Baking Soda, for the waffles
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Garlic Powder, for the waffles
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Jalapeño, deseeded and minced and for the waffles
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Bacon, cooked and for the toppings
- 5 whole 5 whole 5 whole Pineapple, sliced and grilled and for the toppings
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Red Onion, sliced for the toppings
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Spinach, for the toppings
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, sliced and for the toppings
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Cilantro, chopped and for the toppings
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Combine the wet ingredients of the waffle batter in a large bowl and whisk thoroughly.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and whisk until just combined and then fold in the minced jalapeno.
- Heat your waffle maker according to manufacturer’s instructions and then add about 1-2 tablespoons of batter to make small waffle sliders. Repeat until batter is gone.
- Preheat a grill to 450 and slice the pineapple in to ½ inch rings and then cut off the rind.
- Grill the pineapple slices about 2-3 minutes a side and then remove from the grill and cut the core out of the slices and set aside.
- Take the waffle slider and top with the cooked bacon, grilled pineapple, red onion, spinach, avocado and chopped cilantro and enjoy immediately.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.