Bacon Balsamic Brussel Sprouts
The nutty brussel sprouts combined with the smoky bacon, creamy butter and sweet balsamic glaze is like heaven on a plate!
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Place the bacon in a large saute pan over medium heat and saute for approximately 3 minutes (until browned, but not crispy).
- Add in the onion and garlic and saute for an addition 2-3 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the butter into the pan just long enough for it to melt before adding the brussel sprouts to the pan. Because, butter. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover, lower the heat and saute for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil in a small sauce pan.
- Lower the heat and let it simmer until it reduces by half (about 10 minutes).
- Transfer to a glass bowl to cool and thicken.
- Once the brussel sprouts are done, drizzle the balsamic reduction over the brussel sprouts and top with shredded cheese (optional).
- Serve and enjoy!
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.