Avocado Smash for Breakfast
Seasoned avocado, with added goat cheese, olive oil and lemon juice. Serve the avocado smash over tomato and top with poached eggs. Healthy, quick and tasty.
- 4 whole 4 whole 4 whole Eggs
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Avocado, ripe, cut in half, seed removed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Ground Fresh Black Peppercorns
- 2 oz 2 oz 2 oz Goat Cheese, feta is a good choice
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice, freshly squeezed (or lime juice)
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Tomato, sliced thickly, seasoned with salt and pepper
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- If your eggs are refrigerated, take them out to warm up to room temperature at least 30 minutes before poaching. 2/3 fill a deep pan with water and bring to the boil.
- In the meantime, make the avocado smash. Scoop out the avocado flesh and place in a bowl. Add the sea salt, black pepper, goat's cheese (feta), olive oil and lemon or lime juice. Mash with a fork until well combined. Set aside.
- When the water in the pan boils, crack the eggs and carefully drop them into the water. When the water comes back to the boil, turn off the heat and cook for a further 3 minutes (4 minutes if extra large). The eggs should be slightly runny.
- Place the tomato slices on the plate. Place the avocado smash on top of the tomato and using a slotted spoon, place the poached eggs on top. Season with salt and pepper.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.