Autumn Shepherd’s Pie
- 0.75 cup 0.75 cup 0.75 cup Sunflower Seeds
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt, + 1 tsp, + a pinch
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Pastured Eggs
- 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp 3 Tbsp Ghee (Clarified Butter), + 1 Tbsp, + 1 Tbsp
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Red Onion, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Carrots, chopped
- 1 whole 1 whole 1 whole Yellow Squash, chopped
- 2 whole 2 whole 2 whole Green Onion, chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garam Masala
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp ground Cinnamon, divided
- 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp 0.5 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 lb 1 lb 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 2 cups 2 cups 2 cups Pumpkin Puree, Fresh or canned
- .5 tsp .5 tsp .5 tsp ground Nutmeg
- Preheat Oven to 350 degrees. Grease a glass pie plate.
- Add seeds and salt to food processor and break down nuts to a flour. Add eggs and ghee and pulse until well combined.
- Add mixture to pie plate and spread evenly on the bottom and up the sides. Cook 14-15 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile preheat saute pan on medium heat and add the 1 Tbls ghee. Add onions, carrots, squash, salt and spices to the food processor and pulse to smaller pieces.
- Scoop out into the pan and fry about 5 minutes until softened. Add the ground turkey and fry until almost cooked through.
- Rinse out food processor and add pumpkin, nutmeg, cinnamon, sald and ghee and puree until well combined.
- Once base is cooked, add the veggie/turkey mixture to it. Then spread the pumpkin mixture out on top.
- Put back in oven and bake another 15 minutes.
- Let cool at least 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
You can adjust the ratio of seeds and/or nuts for the base to a total of 1 1/4 cups. Walnuts or pecans would be a great addition. Coconut oil can be subbed for the ghee. Lamb or beef can be subbed for the ground turkey.