Autoimmune Paleo Saffron Carrot Soup with Bacon Spinach Pesto
ready in:35 minutes
Show nutritional information
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 387
- Total Fat: 37g
- Total Carbohydrate: 6g
- Protein: 0g
Creamy and earthy with the addition of saffron and onions, this soup is quick and elegant.
Add a Note
My Notes:Add a Note
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Trim tops off of carrots and chop into 2 inch pieces. Rough chop onions and add them to a sauce pan with 1 cup olive oil and carrots. Saute for 15 min on medium heat until carrots start to get soft and onions are translucent.
- Working in two batches, add the sauteed carrots and onion mixture (be sure to add all the olive oil you sauteed the carrots too!) carefully to a blender along with 2 cups of broth per batch. Add saffron to one of the batches. Blend both batches until completely smooth about 2 minutes. Be sure to cover the blender lid with a dish towel in case the hot soup spills over.
- Wipe out the pan your sauteed the carrots and onions with and add each of the pureed batch of soup back to it. Heat up the soup for 10 minutes on low heat.
- Steam all the spinach for just a few minutes; until it starts to wilt. Add to a food processor along with rough chopped crispy bacon. Pulse until mixed and resembles texture of pesto.
- To bowl soup, add a hearty ladle of soup and a heaping tablespoon of pesto to each bowl.
you will have a bit extra of the pesto. Also add a bit more bone broth if the soup is too thick for your liking.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com.