Autoimmune Paleo Protein Bar – DIY Epic Bar
Do you love Epic bars? I definitely did. But, sadly, for those of us following the Autoimmune Paleo protocol- we can't have them. Heres a great alternative that's easy to play around with.
Serves: 12Serves: 12
Note, these instructions are written assuming the standard serving size, since you have modified the number of servings, these steps may need to be modified for best results
- Cut semi-frozen beef into 1/4" thick slices. Dehydrate at 155 for 6 hours. Add sliced apples at same time. Flip both apples and beef halfway through dehydration time.
- When there 2 hours left in dehydration time for beef and apples, and spinach. Use two trays, so that spinach dried evenly.
- Add dried spinach, apple, and spices to food processor or high speed blender. Blend until spinach is finely ground, and apples are in very small pieces. Put the apple and spinach mixture into a large mixing bowl.
- Add meat to food processor or blender. Process until it is finely ground. Add the ground meat to your mixing bowl with apple and spinach mixture. Combine well.
- Add your softened fat of choice. Mix well. You\'re aiming for a wet, cohesive dough- but not too wet. If your mixture is too dry, add more fat in tbs. increments until it reaches the desired consistency.
- Press mixture into a parchment paper lined 9 by 9 square pan- or similar. Refrigerate until mixture is firm and set. Cut into bars, and store in the refrigerator in a sealed container.
Our recipes are created using Paleo, Primal and Gluten-free guidelines. Learn more
about our diet and lifestyle at www.primalpalate.com
Popular on Primal Palate this week
Other recipes you might like
1 made this
Ready in 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes
1 made this
Ready in 5 minutes
2 made this
Ready in 30 minutes
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!
Primal Palate Cooking Channel