Autoimmune Paleo Lemon Tart
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Lemon Juice
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup Dates (Medjool), steamed or soaked overnight
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Organic Coconut Oil
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Arrowroot Flour, (may sub with coconut flour)
- 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp 4 Tbsp Unflavored, Knox brand Gelatin, Great Lakes
- .5 cup .5 cup .5 cup Water
- 1.25 cup 1.25 cup 1.25 cup shredded Coconut
- Preheat over to 325. Steam dates for 5-7 minutes, or until completely softened. An alternative to this would be soaking overnight.
- Add shredded coconut to a blender or food processor. Blend until coconut has formed a thick, oil paste. If you using a blender, you may have to stop and scrape the sides a few times to achieve this consistency. Now, add your coconut oil, and 3/4 cup of your softened dates. Press mixture into a pie pan, and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- After tart crust is done baking- mix the remaining date, lemon juice, and arrowroot flour to the blender.
- In a small sauce pan on medium heat, add 1/2 cup of water and gelatin. Bring to light simmer, stirring. You should notice your gelatin thickening. Add this mixture to your lemon juice mixture in the blend. Blend. Add the filling to your pie crust, and refrigerate. Your tart should be set and ready to eat within 2-3 hours.