Angel Food Cake
- 9 whole 9 whole 9 whole Egg Whites, room temperature
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Almond Extract
- 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp 1.25 tsp Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Coconut Flour
- 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp 6 Tbsp Coconut Palm Sugar, divided (1/4 cup + 2 TBSP)
- 1 pinch 1 pinch 1 pinch Sea Salt
- Separate egg yolks and egg whites. Allow egg whites to stand in a bowl and come to room temperature for about 20 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift the coconut flour and 1/2 cup of palm sugar together.
- Using a stand mixer or a hand mixer, beat on medium cream of tartar, extracts, 2 tbsp palm sugar, dash of salt, and egg whites until peaks begin to form.
- Once the peaks have started to form, add flour/sugar mixture about a tbsp at a time while mixing on medium. A fluffy batter will form.
- Gently spoon the batter into a bundt cake pan. Use a spatula to smooth out and to cut through the batter to remove air pockets.
- Bake in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, until top is dry and brown.
- Remove from oven and invert on a can for about 40 minutes.
- Flip right side up and use a knife to loosen from the sides of the pan.
It is important to make sure the egg whites have come to room temperature for this to work. It allows more air, so the batter will be lighter. The 1/4 tsp of almond extract gives this cake it's unique flavor. Flipping the cake keeps it from collapsing while it cools.