AIP Lavender Shortbread Cookies
- 0.25 cup 0.25 cup 0.25 cup Coconut Flour
- 0.5 cup 0.5 cup 0.5 cup Arrowroot Flour
- 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp 0.25 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Lavender
- 100 gram 100 gram 100 gram Organic [*Spectrum Brand, sustainably sourced] Palm Oil Shortening, (about a 1/2 cup) in solid form
- 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp 1 Tbsp Raw Honey
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp 2 Tbsp Organic Coconut Butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Pure Maple Syrup
- Mix the coconut flour, arrowroot flour, sea sea, and lavender in a medium bowl.
- In a large bowl with a hand or stand mixer, cream together the palm shortening and honey.
- Add the dry ingredients to the shortening mixture and mix until the pieces start to come together into a big ball.
- Pour the mixture out onto a piece of plastic wrap and shape into a log shape. Wrap with the plastic wrap.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or freeze for up to 3 months.
- Preheat the oven to 300 F.
- Remove the log from the fridge, unwrap from plastic, and cut into 1/4 inch slices. Put the slices on a baking sheet covered in parchment paper.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until starting to turn golden brown.
- Let sit for at least 10 minutes to cool before moving from sheet.
- Meanwhile, melt the glaze ingredients together in a small pan over medium heat. Stir to mix.
- Using a spoon, pour the glaze on the cookies and then sprinkle optional desired toppings on the cookies.
Toppings can include things like edible flowers (pansies and nasturtiums), chopped freeze-dried peaches, raspberries, and strawberries, and more lavender.