February 11, 2013
I thought I'd share this workout for anyone who is trying to recover from an injury. I did this workout (or a variation thereof) EVERY day for three months after I tore my plantar fascia in college. For someone who hadn't taken more than a week of running since I was 12, after three months of hitting the pool I gained ONE pound.
*This workout works best in the deep end of the pool, but I've done it in water as shallow as 4.5 ft (and I'm 5'7).
Warmup: "Jog" in the deep end of the pool for 5-10 minutes. You may also opt to swim 3-5 laps in the pool.
Workout (you'll need a stopwatch or a clock to look at):
1. In the deep-end, sprint as fast as you possibly can for 45 seconds. Your thighs should be BURNING at the end of 45 seconds.
2. Grab the wall, and break for 30 seconds.
3. Repeat this process 4 more times (so you'll do 5x45 second sprints total, with a 30 second break inbetween).
4. Take a five minute break. Get out of the pool and stretch if you like.
5. Repeat steps 1-3 once more (so you're doing 10 sprints total).
Cool down: swim 2-4 laps or acqua jog 5 minutes.
That's it! The entire workout (warm-up and cool down included) takes 30 minutes or less, and it's well worth it. Kara
Most Users Ever Online: 332
Currently Browsing this Page:
Guest Posters: 0
Newest Members: NicolasDemers3
Moderators: kitoi: 60, Jamison Combs: 1, gracielin89: 1, Kara McCartney: 33, glen: 0, blindseeker: 0
Administrators: Jon Daley: 11, Bill: 81, Tony Ryan: 0, Hayley: 0