This week is a very exciting week for us. We are going to spend the week celebrating our friends at US Wellness Meats! This celebration will include a recipe of the day, as well as a competition that involves all of you home cooks! Each day we will post one of our favorite USWM recipes for your viewing pleasure here on the blog, but the real fun will be what you cook up this week.
Here is how it works. You will have until Friday of this week to share your favorite homemade beef recipe with us. To share the recipe, post a photo of it to our Facebook page, or email it to us if you do not use Facebook ([email protected]). You can only share one image per day, but you can increase your chances of winning by posting a different recipe every day of the week (Monday through Friday). We will then pick the most delicious sounding (and looking) recipe at the end of the week. More weight will be placed on the recipe itself in judging, although some consideration will be given to those dishes that are also nicely photographed. Keep in mind this must an original recipe of yours (or properly credited adaptation), and must also have beef as a core ingredient. Entries will be closed at 10:00 pm (EST) on Friday. The winner will be announced here on our website on Tuesday, May 28th.
The winner will receive a $100 gift card to US Wellness Meats, and ALSO have their recipe featured on our blog for all to see! This will be the first recipe to ever be posted on our site that has not been created by us. Yes, in addition to a very nice $100 gift card to US Wellness Meats, you’ll have those bragging rights as well.
- Post a photo & description (recipe) of your favorite original or adapted BEEF recipe to our Facebook page or email it to us at [email protected]
- Be sure to include a description of the recipe (ie: ingredients, process, creative writing, etc…)
- Take a nice photo of the dish (our best advice is to avoid using your flash and indoor lighting at all costs. See this post for more advice: )
- Contest ends Friday, May 24 at 10:00 pm EST, Winner will be announced on our website May 28th.
- Winner will receive $100 US Wellness Meats gift card and the first EVER user-uploaded recipe on The Food Lovers Kitchen
- Only open to US residents (US Wellness Meats only ships to the US)
Good luck, and Happy Cooking!
We are kicking off the week of recipes with our Beef Tongue Taco Bites! This recipe was our first introduction to beef tongue, and although we were a bit nervous, it was still exciting, and tasty! Beef tongue is now one of our favorite meal options. We love when we have the chance to cook up some delicious beef tongue!
- 1 1 1 Beef Tongue, rinsed
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Cumin
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Chipotle Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 head 1 head 1 head Garlic, un-peeled
- 1 1 1 Jalapeño, chopped
- Water, enough to cover tongue in crock pot
- 2 Shallots, sliced in half2 shallots, sliced in half
- Place the tongue in the slow-cooker, and sprinkle with salt and black pepper.
- Place shallot, garlic and jalapeno pepper on top of the tongue, and pour just enough water to cover the tongue.
- Cook on low for at least 8 hours.
- Remove tongue from slow-cooker, and peel the skin from the meat using two forks.
- Discard the skin, and shred the meat using the same two forks.
- Place shredded meat in a large skillet, and warm meat on medium heat.
- Season meat with cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper.
- When all spices are evenly distributed, remove from heat and set aside.
- To plate the taco bites, place a spoonful of the shredded beef tongue on an endive leaf, and top with organic salsa and cilantro.
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!