One way we have found to incorporate the nutritional benefits of grass fed beef liver into our diets is by “hiding” it in ground meat. Beef liver tends to be very strong in flavor, and is often too much for people, even for liver lovers! Adding liver to meatballs, chili, or any slow cooked meats with sauces really helps tame the flavor, while allowing for all the nutritional benefits of liver.
Something to always remember when purchasing organ meats is that this is an area where you do not want to skimp on quality. You always want to consume organs from a healthy, pastured animal.
As a reminder, tomorrow is the last day to enter our contest for a $100 USWM gift card. All you have to do is post a photo of your favorite beef dish to our Facebook fan page wall. Right now, there are still only a few people entered, so it may be an easy way to snag $100 worth of grass-fed beef! Easy, right? Don’t delay, because you only have until Friday to post your photo! Limit 1 entry per day, and open to US residents only.
- Preheat the oven to bake at 350.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine ground beef and beef liver.
- Season with smoked paprika, garlic powder, cinnamon, black pepper, and salt. Continue to mix with hands until meat is equally seasoned.
- Mix in the diced onion.
- Form meat mixture into balls, slightly larger than an ounce.
- Place in a baking dish and bake meat balls for 25 minutes.
Share a recipe
Upload your own recipes to Primal Palate, and help others find great food on our site,, meal planner and app!