The recipe we are presenting today is not entirely our own. Our very good friend Mike, fellow blogger, ‘i don’t eat crap’ t-shirt model, and poster child of “paleo really works” actually gave us the idea for this recipe.
During the whole 30 challenge in January, we traded recipes back and forth a bit with our good friend Navy Mike, you all may know him as the Traveling Crossfitter. One night, Mike posted a delicious looking recipe for turkey meat loaf on my personal Facebook wall. The recipe looked so delicious, we had to try it out. We did, however make a few slight changes to Mike’s recipe to make this one our own.
- 2 lbs of lean ground turkey
- 1 egg, whisked
- 2 tablespoons of coconut aminos
- 1 tsp each of garlic powder, salt, and pepper
- 1/2 cup each of chopped onion, green pepper, and celery
- Preheat oven to bake at 375.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Pour ground turkey mixture into the loaf pan.
- Bake at 375 for one hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve!
As always, enjoy!