There’s only one week left for The 21 Day Sugar Detox, and we are really in the swing of things. It is all so easy now, so we will continue to do our very best to avoid sugar after the 21 days are over. Even Bill said he doesn’t want to go back to eating sugar, and that really says a lot!
This recipe for sauteed mushrooms is one of our absolute favorites, and a perfect side dish for The 21 Day Sugar Detox. Sliced white mushrooms sizzle with fresh rosemary in a garlic butter on the stove top. These mushrooms are the perfect topping to a simply grilled steak, lamb, beef, or bison, as well as to top a burger. They also pair well with chicken.
- Two 8 oz. packs of white mushrooms, sliced.
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of grassfed butter
- 1 large sprig of rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Add garlic to the butter and saute until the butter is infused with the garlic.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 2 minutes.
- Once the mushrooms start to soften, add the fresh rosemary to the skillet and continue to saute.
- Continue to saute until the mushrooms are tender. If they release a lot of liquid, turn the heat up to high until the liquid evaporates.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and cook for another minute or so.
- Remove from heat and serve.