Bill and I have a serious love affair with coconut milk, and were dying to try out a curry sauce recipe. We had even gone as far as to purchase red curry paste from Whole Foods one day, but it sat around for weeks before we got on to making the recipe. Finally I decided enough was enough, and it was time to try the curry sauce. We were super excited to give this recipe a shot. We have heard rave reviews about curry sauces, and since we both absolutely love coconut milk, we figured this would be a meal that we would be making many times over.
After a quick google search on some curry sauces (mainly intended to give me an idea of coconut milk to curry paste ratios, being that I had never made a curry recipe), I decided on a simple recipe for curry chicken skewers. To finish the dish, we paired the skewers with our classic cauliflower rice recipe. This meal turned out just as we had planned, absolutely delicious, and one that we will definitely be making many, many times over!
Ingredients for the skewers:
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 vidalia onion
- 2 green bell peppers
Ingredients for the curry sauce:
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red or green curry paste
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl for the curry sauce.
- Cut chicken into chunks.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag, and pour curry sauce over chicken to marinate.
- Marinate chicken in the fridge for an hour.
- Cut onion and green pepper into chunks.
- Preheat grill on medium-high heat.
- Place the meat and vegetables on metal (or wood) skewers. If you use wood, soak the skewers for an hour prior to grilling.
- Cook skewers on grill, turning 1/4 turn every 5 minutes until evenly cooked.
- Let rest for 5 minutes, then serve over cauliflower rice.