About a month ago, we made dinner for two of Bill’s parents good friends. They very kindly follow our blog from time to time, and although they do not follow the Paleo diet, they were very interested in tasting one of our home cooked meals.
For this special dinner we decided to create a beautiful and delicious dessert, free of grains and refined sugar to complete the meal. The dessert turned out so well, that we thought it would be the perfect recipe to save for Valentine’s Day. We all know that Valentine’s dinner wouldn’t be complete without a decadent dessert, and this one is just the recipe for that.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup frozen raspberries
- fresh berries and whipped heavy cream for topping
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Once batter is combined, fold in raspberries.
- Pour into a 9” sprung cake pan. (for easy removal, line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper.)
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Slice and top with fresh berries, whipped heavy cream, and *raspberry coulis.
*Raspberry Coulis Recipe:
- Blend 1/2 cup frozen raspberries in a blender with 3 tablespoons water and 1/2 a dropper of liquid stevia, or 1 tsp pure maple syrup.