When our good friend Diane Sanfilippo was in town visiting with us, we really wanted to make her feel at home and welcome, not to mention we wanted to feed her super yummy meals. The Sunday morning she was here with us, I decided we should do something special for brunch. We had a copy of Make it Paleo on the counter, and some amazingly delicious apple butter in the fridge, courtesy of our friends’ Stacy and Matt – the Paleo Parents.
The apple butter gift was actually the first time Bill or I had ever tried apple butter, and if every apple butter tastes as delicious as the one Stacy brought for us, then it can never be in the house again (although we may have to try making a recipe of our own)! For this special brunch I decided to whip up some fall flavor inspired pancakes. I used the recipe from our book, which has also been featured on the blog, but added a simple twist to make it more fall friendly.
The simple alteration for this recipe was just to add a tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice to the batter, which created a delicious pumpkin spice flavor to our classic pancake batter. We topped each pancake with some of the tasty apple butter from Stacy and Matt. This breakfast was quite the treat!
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, blend all ingredients with a hand mixer.
- Heat 1 tsp of coconut oil in a non-stick frying pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/8-1/4 cup of batter to the frying pan.
- Cook pancakes for about 2 minutes, or until batter releases easily from the frying pan, flip, and cook for a remaining minute or two.
- Top with apple butter, or your personal favorite pancake topping, and enjoy.
As always, enjoy!