We have been gearing up to start this blog for a few weeks now. The idea initially came to us over a long beach weekend. Each day, we would get up and make our eggs, have a little coffee, and talk about what we could create for dinner. The morning would involve a trip to the local farmers market for fresh fruits and vegetables then a stop at the grocery store or fish market for some sort of protein.
Over the next few days, we’re going to recount a few of the meals we made on vacation – they were the inspiration for this blog, and are quick and easy to make. So sit back, turn on some Bob Marley (“Is This Love?”), and take a primal beach vacation with us!
Grilled Chicken with Hayley’s Famous Marinade
- 2 Chicken Breasts (organic, free range | bone-in cuts stay juicier on the grill)
- 4 oz. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 cloves of garlic (minced)
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- Oregano & Basil (dried, to taste)
- Kosher Salt & Pepper (to taste)
- Preheat grill on high for 10 minutes.
- Prepare ingredients for marinade. Mix in jar with a good shake.
- Place chicken in a Ziploc bag and cover with the marinade.
- Grill chicken 7-9 minutes per side on medium-high heat. The chicken will release freely from the grill when it is ready to flip.
- Allow chicken a few minutes to “rest” between grilling and serving. The juices will soak back into the meat.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Dash of Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 1 Green Pepper
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 small Zucchini
- 1 small yellow squash
- 1 large onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 cup of portabella mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup broccoli, roughly chopped
- Chop all vegetables into bite-sized chunks.
- Toss together in large bowl, then drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle the Montreal Steak seasoning. Repeat as necessary until vegetables are evenly, lightly coated with the oil and the spices.
- Grill in basket for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.