For our first post we thought we would share with you our classic primal breakfast. This is what we most often make together to start our mornings, and something we really enjoy cooking and eating together. It is essentially a classic breakfast favorite – scrambled eggs – but with a primal twist. This recipe gives you a solid foundation for many variations which we will cover in future posts (add bacon, make muffins, etc… you get the idea). In future posts, we’ll discuss the taste and health benefits of using coconut oil over more “conventional” cooking oils.
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1/4 medium green pepper – chopped
- Diced avocado and cherry tomatos for garnish
- Warm about 1/2 tbsp of coconut oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Start by adding the onions and green peppers, then add broccoli.
- While the veggies are sauteing, you can mix your eggs and egg whites in a bowl.
- When the vegetables are just a little tender, add the beaten eggs to the frying pan.
- Stir frequently to scrape the eggs from the frying pan, thus ‘scrambling’ them.
- Season with a dash of salt and pepper, top with garnish and enjoy!
Have fun with this meal and get creative. Add in whatever veggies you would prefer, as well as additional protein (bacon, turkey bacon, ham, steak, chicken, chicken sausage…)
As always, enjoy!