Congratulations to everyone who has made it through week 1 of The 21 Day Sugar Detox (It’s never too late to join in!) For many of you, this a huge accomplishment, and for others it is a huge accomplishment repeated. I know I have gone stretches of time without any sugar or fruit, and being back on the no sugar track again feels great.
I love cooking with ground meat. You can add so much flavor to ground meat, and cook it so many different ways. You can throw it into an omelet, top an egg over ground meat, make meat balls, make burgers, or even throw it over a salad. We always have ground meat in our house, because it is our go-to option when we need a quick meal.
Today’s recipe is a great lunch option, or even appetizer for house guests. We put a new flavor spin on delicious, fatty, ground pork, and served it in endive ‘boats’. Delish! This recipe for ground pork would be great over a salad, or with your eggs the following morning.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Black pepper to taste
- 1 head of endive
- 1-2 radishes, slivered
- Heat a cast iron skillet on medium heat.
- Place ground meat into the skillet and crumble using a high heat rubber scraper.
- Add garlic, ginger, chives, and red pepper flakes to the meat, and continue to brown.
- When meat is almost cooked completely add the fish sauce, as well as the black pepper
- Stir meat constantly to ensure the fish sauce is evenly distributed.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Serve in endive boats and garnish with slivers of radish.