For our featured chef recipe, we decided to make some mouth watering summer steak skewers with an interesting flavor twist. We marinated the US Wellness Minute Steaks in a cinnamon spiced marinade. We combined the flavors of cinnamon, curry, and ginger to give this dish a warm and slightly tangy flavor. Surprisingly the warm, sweet, and slightly spicy flavors of cinnamon and curry complimented the steak beautifully. It enhanced the flavor, without overpowering the meat.
We served the steaks with a simple summer salad, full of fresh flavors. This dish quickly became one of our favorite steak recipes so far. Simple, fresh, and perfect for summer.
- Four, 6 oz minute steaks
- The juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 a teaspoon ground ginger
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Wooden steak skewers, soaked in water for an hour prior to grilling
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup raw asparagus, sliced
- 2 teaspoons avocado oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- Pound steaks using a meat mallet to break down the tough fibers.
- Cut steaks into cubes and place in a gallon ziplock bag.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade over steak, seal ziplock bag, and marinate in the fridge for up to 24 hours.
- Preheat grill to high heat.
- Skewer steak onto wooden skewers.
- Grill skewers 12-16 minutes, turning every 3-4 minutes.
- Toss arugula and asparagus, and drizzle with avocado oil and balsamic vinegar.
- Plate steak skewers over salad and serve.