Now that our house guest is finally out of our hair, we can get back to focusing on us, and our blog. Just kidding! We were actually quite sad to see Diane go home, and we even tried to blame the weather for being reason for her to stay one more day… okay we are really dorks.
However, as much as we love and adore Diane and miss her company when she is gone, it is nice to be back to just the two of us. Speaking of, just the two of us, a special holiday is upon us all. You know, that one created by the candy industry that is supposed to be all about showing love and affection, but seems to just be another scam to keep American’s obese… Anyway, I was never a fan of Valentine’s Day when I was single, and lucky for Bill, I still don’t make a fuss about it. It’s just a day, and Bill and I show each other more than enough affection EVERYDAY (If you don’t believe me, just ask Diane. I think she even gagged a few times when we got all huggy-smoochy), so I guess you can say every day is special to us. Okay, sorry, now that you have puked in your mouths a little, I’ll get on with the recipe. Seems like the appropriate time to do so, right?
For this Valentine’s Day we wanted to present a recipe for a truly decadent dessert, that is almost (but not quite) guilt free. For all you chocolate lovers out there, this is one dessert that will really make you drool. It is truly perfection.
- 6 oz 70% dark chocolate, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup of coconut milk, scalded
- Fresh raspberries for garnish
- Blend chopped dark chocolate, eggs, and vanilla in a high speed blender until smooth.
- In a small saucepan heat coconut milk until almost boiling, you will see steam rising from the milk, but it should not be bubbling yet.
- Slowly pour the scalded coconut milk into the blender and blend until smooth.
- Place 4 fresh raspberries in the bottom of four 8 oz souffle dishes.
- Pour chocolate cream mixture into the souffle dishes over the raspberries.
- Cover each dish and chill in the refrigerator for two hours.
- Garnish with shaved dark chocolate and a fresh raspberry.[Print Recipe]