Bill and I just finished up dinner, and we are getting ready to curl up on the couch with our kitties and a movie (we are super boring on Friday nights, I’m okay with it.). As I was taking my last bite of lamb roast, I remembered that we had a jar of Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate (aka coconut butter) in our pantry. Then the silent question crossed my mind…”to make a no sugar added treat, or not to make a no sugar added treat?”. The answer was simple…JUST MAKE IT. For some reason or another I decided I really wanted to attempt a little bite of no sugar goodness for our movie night.
I don’t eat coconut butter often. I like it, but it tends to make me feel sick to my stomach I think because it is so fatty. I guess this is a good thing, or else I may go through jars of coconut butter like crazy. I really can only handle a tablespoon or two at a time, so I don’t have to worry about eating too much of this “treat”. The other great thing about this so called “treat” is that it is mostly coconut butter, so you are getting all the wonderful health benefits (and fat burning) benefits from the coconut, with very little added carbs, and of course, no added sweeteners! There is some natural sugar in coconut, but nothing to worry about on The 21 Day Sugar Detox. Coconut is a superfood, and is definitely one to incorporate into a healthy eating plan.
- 1/4 cup coconut butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- A pinch or two of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a small mixing bowl combine coconut butter, peppermint oil, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir with a spoon until all are combined.
- Sprinkle the unsweetened cocoa powder on top of the coconut butter mixture and stir gently. You want the cocoa powder to blend, but not completely so it has a “swirl” look to it through the coconut butter.
- Place mixture into the fridge for 10-15 minutes to harden the coconut enough to roll into balls.
- Form coconut butter mixture into 4 equal balls and place on a small dish.
- Freeze for 10 minutes and enjoy.