This bacon is possibly the most amazing bacon our lips have ever touched. The flavor is almost like a mix of pork bacon and beef jerky. Our first reaction to the bacon was…”if beef jerky and bacon had a baby…”, yes that is what it would be. We received forewarning from the folks at US Wellness, that beef bacon needs to cook a bit differently than pork bacon to yield those crispy bacon results. They suggested possibly broiling the bacon, but left it up to us to figure it out. After opening the bacon, and fully analyzing what appeared to be dinosaur sized bacon strips, we decided that broiling was definitely the way to go. Besides, we weren’t even sure these guys would fit in the frying pan!
For this recipe we kept things simple by reliving our bacon and eggs post. We broiled the beef bacon for a side of delicious crispy beef strips, fried up some omega 3 enriched eggs in coconut oil, along with some shredded green cabbage. This breakfast was possibly our favorite primal breakfast yet! We still have some of the glorious beef bacon left in the freezer, which we are saving for a special morning. Maybe our 1 year anniversary which is coming up? We shall see!
- 4 strips US Wellness Meats Sugar Free Beef Bacon
- 2-4 omega 3 enriched eggs
- 1-2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to broil at 500, and raise the oven rack to the top level.
- Place beef bacon strips onto a baking sheet and set a side.
- Heat 1 teaspoon coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Saute green cabbage until soft and a bit crispy. Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Heat remaining teaspoon of coconut oil in frying pan on medium heat.
- Crack eggs into frying pan and cook 2-3 minutes, flipping once. Remove eggs from heat and plate with the cabbage.
- Place bacon in oven and broil for 7 minutes a side, flipping once. (the second side goes faster, and everyone’s oven temp may be different so keep an eye on these guys until you have your first batch done!)