The other day we received an email asking us to “primal-ize” a recipe for candied bacon chocolate chip cookies. Excited and ready for this challenge, we got right to work. For this recipe we used our grain free chocolate chip cookie recipe, and added in a delicious recipe for candied bacon. Let’s just say Bill made sure this treat didn’t last too long in the house.
Candied Bacon Ingredients:
- 5 slices nitrate free bacon
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- Coconut palm sugar
Candied Bacon Process:
- Preheat oven to bake at 350.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss bacon in maple syrup.
- Lay bacon on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle bacon with coconut palm sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove bacon from oven and place strips on a cooling rack.
- Crumble candied bacon for cookie batter.
- 3 cups Blanched Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Palm Shortening (or unrefined Coconut Oil)
- 1/2 cup Pure Maple Syrup
- 2 Omega 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 cups Enjoy Life Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl combine dry ingredients.
- In a small mixing bowl beat eggs, maple syrup, and vanilla extract with a hand mixer.
- Pour wet ingredients into dry and beat with hand mixer until combined.
- Add palm shortening into batter, and continue to blend until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips and candied bacon.
- Drop balls of dough on parchment lined baking sheet, about a tablespoon in size.
- Bake cookies for 15 minutes at 350.
- Let cool and serve.